Secure the Compensation That You Deserve
Are you in need of an attorney in Louisville, KY because you have been the victim of sexual harassment and/or workplace discrimination or wrongful termination? If so, you may have a right to compensation and it is recommended that you seek legal representation. Sexual harassment in the workplace can occur in many different ways and sometimes can start subtle and increase or become more offensive if it’s not stopped when it starts. Sexual harassment occurs when the rejection of unwanted sexual advances results in personal and economic damage creates and intolerable working environment or termination. Another form of sexual harassment is based on pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions. Like sexual assault, sexual harassment is often under-reported for fear of retaliation.
Sexual Harassment Overview
Two common forms of sexual harassment include:
- Hostile work environment: An oppressive work environment is created when employers do not mandate policies preventing sexual harassment. Employees often find their only recourse is to resign after experiencing a hostile work environment. In this case they can investigate a claim for damages of constructive discharge, referring to a workplace so hostile that quitting is the only reasonable escape.
- Quid pro quo: The meaning of this phrase is: this for that. In a workplace sexual harassment situation, it’s when a worker is denied advancement or benefits for refusing to provide sexual favors. Many times the harasser is the employee’s superior and the employee feels they have nowhere to turn for help for fear of losing their job or being retaliated against.
Other types of sexual harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive, crude and sexual comments;
- Physical assault and/or threats;
- Name calling and/or slurs (racial and/or sexual);
- Displays of offensive sexual and/or racial images through texts, emails, etc.;
- Unwanted texts and offensive communications;
- Failure of management to stop sexual harassment;
- Intimidating conduct from management when complaints are made concerning sexual harassment;
- Requests for sexual favors;
- Retaliatory conduct when you refuse sexual advances or requests for sexual favors, up to and including, wrongful termination.
We’ll Answer the Call
If you are in need of an attorney in Louisville, KY because you have been the victim of sexual harassment and/or workplace discrimination or wrongful termination, you may have a right to compensation and it is recommended that you seek legal representation. Jim Ballinger and the attorneys who work with Louisville Lawyer, PLLC, can take care of all the legal matters necessary to secure the compensation that you deserve. Please feel free to email Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (502) 426-3215 for a free and DISCREET consultation. Jim, or one of his team, would also be happy to come to visit you in-person or via zoom to make matters more convenient for meeting with you.
Louisville Lawyer, PLLC and Louisville Urban League
Negligent hiring allegations